Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Summer - but not as we know it

Climate change has been on the agenda for a few years now. I can remember having to research rising sea levels when I worked as a librarian for an engineering company back in the early 1990's. For most people, however, it's the day to day weather that is most obvious demonstration of how our climate is changing.

Perth's usually dry sunny summer weather has been replaced, for the immediate future, with humidity, grey clouds and, late last night, a spectacular thunder storm. Plus rain. Torrential tropical buckets of it. Walking the dogs this morning I could see evidence of the run off around the streets.

I don't mind the rain. Living in a dry climate makes me relish every single drop that falls. But I am hoping that Christmas and New Year will be our usual hot dry weather. Followed up with a few more cracking thunderstorms!

No comments:

Post a Comment