Friday, October 12, 2012

The Rhythm of Life

Now that I'm moving through menopause I don't notice the rhythms of my body in the same way that I used to. But they're still there.  The monthly ebb and flow of hormones still continues and will, I guess, until I have finished menopause.

My hubby says he knows when I'm in the throes of a hormonal rush - I get a bit more intense. And grumpy. The plus side is that as I move towards what would have been my period my tolerance to alcohol increases (this has always been the case) and I find myself putting away a few drinks with little or no reaction. The downside (also always the case) is that my tolerance to alcohol post (my now non-existent, so hard to determine when) period is pretty much zero.  Overnight I go from bar room hero (aka lush) to wowser.

I'm going to miss the ebbs and flows when they eventually disappear. But I won't miss the effects they have had on my body over the years - sore boobs, bloating, moodiness (did I mention the grumps!), feeling out of sorts. I'm enjoying this generally peaceful state of being - I hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment