Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recently Read

"Odd Socks" by Ilsa Evans

I discovered Ilsa Evans via the discount bin at my local Dymocks.  There were three of her novels in the bin so I grabbed them all as they looked like easy reads and they are!  I've read all three now, with Odd Socks being the last, and have enjoyed each one immensely.  Track down any of her novels for a very enjoyable few hours of reading.




"Last Chance Cafe" by Liz Bryski

I really enjoyed this book, which was an unexpected pleasure.  Focussing on women in my age bracket (ahem, mid-forties), and their elder generation the novel covers a whole range of issues - adoption, love, bereavement, self worth, friendship, ageing - in an approachable believable way.  The author has made decisions in the novel that could have gone either way - creating an exciting, rewarding read.  This is a novel that can see myself reading again, something I rarely do.

http://lizbyrski.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment