Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hormones

Once again this winter I have been woken in the early hours by my hormones.  Suddenly I'm feeling as if it's the middle of summer, rather than the depths of winter, and so off goes the bedding and, in some case, the clothing.

This is my second winter of hormonal discontent and I'm hoping it will be my last.  Early on I was able to snuggle down and bask in doona warmth all night long, but my hormones had another idea. I'm happy to be going through menopause (despite my youthful age) because having periods without being able to have children is the pits.

So I wake after another early morning bout of internal overheating, glad to get out bed away from the pesky bedding, into the shower where I can refresh, recharge and get on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment