Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Health

I've worked out if I do the following then life is pretty good:
  • Drink enough water so I don't get dehydrated - dehydration for me can spell a swift descent into illness, which obviously isn't a good thing
  • Eat healthy foods - Fresh vegetables, in particular for me, enough protein, some dairy - you know the drill
  • Don't eat too much wheat - or my insides rebel. And I feel yukky.
  • Don't over do the carbs - if I eat too many carbs without enough protien I feel really awful (tired, mainly)
  • Don't drink too much alcohol and have the occasional alcohol free day
  • Exercise regularly - It helps keep me fit (sort of, as I only walk) and helps with weight management
  • Wear my orthotics and sports shoes when I walk my dogs - otherwise my right ankle and foot give me lots of grief
  • Get enough sleep - I'm a 7am to 10pm girl.  If I go to bed much later then getting up is so much harder. I wish I was a morning person, but I'm not.
However there is a downside.  I rarely feel refreshed and full of energy when I wake up in the morning.  I have no idea why - the mattress on my bed is a good one, we have cotton bedding and good pillows, so it's not the environment, it's me. 

The number of days when I feel full of energy and want to spring out of bed, walk the dogs, come home and whizz around doing all my chores I could count on one hand, may be two.  It would be wonderful to wake up and want to get out of bed, but it just doesn't happen.  Any tips on how to get me waking up energized would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment